Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness Report for November

Yes, late again - honestly, I just don't know what I do with my time these days - but it seems my ability to stick to a schedule has become most unreliable.  I really need to do some work on it. That sounds like the start of a New Year's resolution, but really, I don't want to go there yet.

I thought I had finished all my cross stitch Christmas gifts, but I've just added another five to my list.  No stitching to show yet, but I will be back next month with the finished ornaments.  However, I can show you a picture of most of the ornaments I have stitched this year.  It's not a perfect picture - I did consider taking them out of their plastic bags to get rid of the glare from the plastic, but I decided that was too much work. They have now all been wrapped or placed in gift bags ready for giving.



I did make some crocheted booties for my newest great-niece.  She is 3 months old now, and a very long thin baby with long feet.  Her mother (my niece) complained that she was having problems with footwear - anything long enough in the foot to fit Sarah was way too big around her ankles.  So I made some booties with long narrow soles and adjustable at the ankles.  I used 8 ply wool, scraps that I had in the house.




So, a relatively unproductive month for me.  

6 comments:

Amy said...

Wonderful job on the Christmas ornaments! What an amazing amount of work and thoughtfulness! The knitting is incredibly cute, too!

Julie said...

Such a wonderful collection of ornaments you are going to gift to others.
Sweet bootees for your new addition to the family, they will keep the toes nice nd cosy.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the massed ranks of the Christmas ornies! You have made so many.

The bootees are so sweet and so thoughtful too.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, those ornaments are fantastic, you have been busy this year!
The booties, can they be any cuter?

FlashinScissors said...

Oh, wow! What a collection of ornaments!
Well done you, they are lovely!
Oh, and such sweet booties!
Barbara x

Gwen said...

Wow! Don’t know how I missed this before. Sus have a wonderful and generous collection of ornaments. Add the booties and you say ‘you didn’t do much’? You have really accomplished a lot.