Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, June 30, 2017

Smalls SAL Report for June

It's been a difficult month for me.  An unexpected health issue which left me immobile for some weeks and has left me with restrictive mobility limitations and the prospect of spinal surgery in the not too distant future.  At the same time, and for totally unrelated reasons beyond my control,  I was without phone and internet service. I was not a happy pussy cat! One of the things I can not do is stand in one place, and this has interrupted my creative flow.  Usually I stitch up a batch of 4-6 ornaments, then make them up.  My ornament count is now 13 stitched, nil finished up.  I am hopeful I'll be able to launder a few stitched ornaments soon so I can finish them up.

Most of the ornaments I have stitched are shown in the post below. So, I will just show you the two finished most recently.


I stitched this one for my second oldest niece.  I know she will like this Santa, as she stitched and framed  a very similar Santa for me about 6 years ago as a Christmas present.
Santa is a BH&G design


I stitched this one for a much loved nephew and his partner, who like the colour blue but really are not great fans of Christmas, despite my best efforts!
Some of the elements in this ornament (JOY, trees) came from designs in the 
Love Heart freebie on the BH&G website


I am unable to sit in my computer chair for more than 10 minutes at a time, so I;m off to the recliner now.  I will pop in to see the Smalls SAL reports when I can.

9 comments:

Mary said...

I hope you feel better soon. Your finishes are very beautiful.

Rachel said...

More lovely stitching this month. I hope your health recovers soon. :)

RJ said...

Elfie, I'm so sorry to hear of the difficulty you are having. I hope you find relief soon. Take good care of yourself first and foremost. I love your new stitches especially the blue one that say JOY. That is so lovely. Get well. RJ @ stitching friends forever

Julie said...

I'm sorry to read of your difficulties, I hope you are soon feeling much better.

jocondine said...

Hope your health will be fine again soon, always lovely Xmas stitchings to see here. Hugs

Shami Immanuel said...

Beautiful finishes. Get well soon.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am so sorry to hear that you've been having problems. At least you've managed to do some lovely stitching. Hope you can catch up on the finishing soon.

Mary's Thread said...

Feel well soon! Love the "Joy" piece-it's so subtle and lovely!

Sok Sareth said...

The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog, I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density, which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.

ตารางคะแนน