Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, May 27, 2016

Smalls Report for May

It's just one month today since we lost MIL, dear Joan. It has been quite a disturbed month in my household, and I didn't get as much stitching time as usual.  I have managed to stitch six Christmas ornaments, and I have finished up four of them.

These two ornaments, as you can see, are not yet finished - I will add beads to the cross stitched border, and hopefully finish them up in the next day or so.  They will be heading overseas shortly for the two grandsons of an old friend.  Nanna is going to deliver them for me when she visits her daughter in England in July.
The Santa initial is from LA's Alphabets Galore booklet (I am stitching a few of these this year!)

And here are the four I did finish up - front and back views.

I used the Alphabets Galore Santa Alphabet chart for the "Alex" ornament, but omitted the Santa and changed the height of the letters.The "Memories" ornament uses the verse from Susan Greening Davis's ornament in JCS 2015 Christmas ornaments magazine.  I added the border. The teddy is an old favourite, a  Dale Burdett design  from A Mini Christmas booklet. And  of course the little Santa A is from LA's Alphabets Galore. The kangaroo on the back is adapted from Marianne Portener's design in her Emblems of Australia book.

And that is the extent of my May stitching, and the finish of my May Smalls SAL report.  See you in June (hopefully).

I have popped back in to add the pics of the two ornaments I finished up today.

It will not surprise you when I say that the Santa initials are adapted from the Santa alphabet chart in LA's Alphabets Galore.

9 comments:

Amy said...

You make such wonderful ornaments! I always enjoy seeing what you've done since the previous month's post.

Elfin Stitches (Lynne in Australia) said...

Thank you, Amy. I do love making Christmas ornaments!

ANGIE said...

Cute smalls! Happy stitching!

Julie said...

Such beautiful things you make to surprise a person and for them to treasure. How lovely two will hop over the sea to England for to special people

Irene said...

WOWOWOW, che meraviglia!!

Brigitte said...

So many beautiful smalls that you finished. They all look great!

Aďka said...

Beautiful!!!
A.

Michele Stravato said...

Love the way you have finished your ornaments. They compliment your stitching nicely.

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful Smalls report this month, my dear. Such gorgeous ornies.