Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, February 5, 2015

I'm a little late with this WIPocalypse report, as I've just returned home from a seaside holiday with friends.  It would have been very relaxing except for the fact that my 7 month old puppy was so exuberant and  overpowering in her desire to play with the hostess's three tiny dogs that she had them cowering in the corner every time she appeared on the scene.  So we're off to obedience training classes on Sunday. 

This month's discussion topic is an interesting one for me to ponder.  I've never really had a time when I felt that I was in a rut with a project, but I have felt overwhelmed and stifled by one project - the largest I have attempted.  I'm 'a one project at a time' stitcher, but when I was stitching my HAED Jolly Old Fellow, I knew that I would have to have a break from stitching it from time to time. So I decided to stitch solely on it for a block of four to six months each year then pack it away and stitch my other projects for the rest of the year. That worked for me. 

I've had quite a busy time in the past month, but I have managed to stitch up three more ornaments.   

These two are for my great-nephew and great-niece, brother and sister.
The dog and cat charts come from Barbara Mock's Christmas Quickies II booklet.



This one doesn't have a designer to credit,except for the "Merry Christmas" Bears design, which was in a very old 'Christmas Miniatures' leaflet.  It is for a delightful young lady who will be receiving her 19th Christmas ornament from me this year.

And I finished up the three nutcracker ornaments (charts from Nutcracker Factory II by Jeremiah Junction).

and I also finished up the three ornaments I stitched for Amelia, Finley and Angus:
The Santa Teddy Bear is designed by Dale Burdett, the Santa by Barbara Mock, and the stocking is heavily adapted from a design in LA's Christmas Caboodle leaflet.

I hope to get more stitching time in  February than I did in January.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely projects ♥

D1-D2 said...

Your ornaments are so cute. I love the beading.

sew.darn.quilt said...

They're all wonderful. It's impossible to pick a favourite!

Julie said...

Lucky family members, these are beautiful.

Erin (moviemuse) said...

You do beautiful finishing work! You have a lot of very lucky people in your life. They all look great, but I think the Nutcrackers are my favorite. :-)

Marcy said...

Such pretty finishing work ... I love all the beads. It's hard to pick a favorite.

Brigitte said...

Wonderful Christmas ornaments, all of them.